Looking Back

I was reminded today just how quickly time is passing by and how much the kids have changed.  I am working on getting all of our photos from the last 13 months printed.  We have over 2000 (and I deleted quite a bit)!  They start when we moved back to the US late last summer.  Oliver has grown from baby to little boy.  Waverly has changed so much.  I spent some time tonight looking back over pictures and remembering.  I forget just how drastic the changes are,  until I take a moment to compare.

The memories of their diagnosis were brought to light again today.  I spoke with a lovely mom who has 2 young children.  They are awaiting genetic testing confirmation to see if their kids also have Sanfilippo.  It is heartbreaking to know that another family is entering this life.  Yet as I spoke with her (she has a wonderful perspective), I was reminded of the reoccurring theme of my blog: "it's the little things".  In the midst of my grieving, I celebrate the moments that I have with Waverly & Oliver.  Matt and I are creating memories and capturing them with video, pictures, or words.  I have been given 2 amazing kids and their impact on the world is immense for their young lives.  I am so proud of them.  And I am honored to be their mommy.

Yet I can still cry.  I can grieve for all of dreams I had for Wavey & Oli.  I can be sad.

Comments

Stefanie Boyce said…
Thank you for speaking with me! I am thrilled we could connect although it is sad why our paths have crossed. Your children are BEAUTIFUL! We love the pumpkin patch too! I am honored to be Jayden's and Brooklyn's mommy as well. Welcome to Holland, huh?
Charity said…
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Love you and Wavey and Oliver!

Popular Posts