Highlights

We had such a fantastic trip.  The Make-a-Wish organization put together an amazing week of memories for our family and Give Kids the World (resort for Wish families) was incredible.  (I am actually going to write a separate post on just how incredible GKTW was.)  The kids both did a beautiful job on the flight down.  My folks met us down there for most of the week.  We spent all 5 days at Disney World.  I had scheduled a few character meals, since I knew that would be one of the highlights for the kids.

We were given a MaW button, plus we had a handicap pass for Waverly.  This allowed us move towards the front of the line for the rides and get special seating for shows & parades.  The best part was interactions with the characters.  We were always taken to the front of the line and given extra time meeting Mickey & friends.  It was incredible!!  Oliver was super excited, although a bit apprehensive at first.  Waverly would run up and knock them over with hugs, if we weren't careful.

The weather was sunny every day, but unbearably hot and humid.  We ended up heading to the parks later than usual, just to avoid the noon time sun.  We also took lots of a/c breaks in shops, shows and indoor rides.  For those of you who know me, I can handle any kind of weather, but I melt in heat...I also get very agitated.  I did quite well under the circumstances.  But temperatures of 105 with humidity factored in were just too much.

I was able to take a lot of great photos and video, although I also wanted to experience the moments with the kids and not just be the photographer.  I hope to put together some video highlights to share with all of you soon.

Here are a few of our favorite moments:

*Post breakfast carousel ride every morning*
*Pooh Bear giving Matt a kiss after meeting the kids*
*Watching the fireworks while on the race cars*
*Being able to ride Dumbo twice in a row*
*The Small World incident of 2009*
*The staff at Animal Kingdom going out of their way to make us feel special*
*Wavey's giggles on Thunder Mountain Railroad*
*Matt taking a huge splash in the face to protect Wavey from getting soaked*
*Watching a beautiful little girl with Down Syndrome participate in the Lion King show*
*Oliver lighting up every time he met a character*
*Matt dancing with Waverly at the Biergarten*
*Riding Dumbo with a very happy Oliver*
*Oliver signing "fish" whenever he saw Nemo*
*Sharing a frozen coke with Waverly*
*Meeting Santa Claus and picking out toys for the kids*
*Waverly meeting Snow White & the Seven Dwarves*
*Oliver playing in the many fountains*
*Wearing our matching purple tees*

Comments

Joanne said…
Hi Shannon,

First off, welcome back! I have missed your posts here and was so happy to read this one this morning.

What a wonderful description of your trip to Disney. I could picture all the things you described, and it sounds like everyting was truly fabulous! Can't wait to check out the video, too, once it's posted.

I'm so glad you all had an amazing week! Joanne
Oh Shannon it sounds like such a magical time. I am so happy that you all had a great time full of memories minus the heat!! Take care and and give Waverly and Oliver a hug for me!
Anonymous said…
I am so glad Make a Wish made your kids wishes come true! I hope some day one of your wishes will come true too! God Bless You!

Popular Posts