Busy Week

It has been a busy week preparing for the holidays.  I have tried to take advantage of the short time the kids are both in school to finish up last minute errands and shopping.  I think everything is wrapped and under the tree, ready for Christmas morning.

On Tuesday, I went to the kids' school for Waverly's holiday party.  I coordinated everything and I think it turned out fairly well.  The kids decorated cookies, colored wooden ornaments, made Chex Mix and stamped cards.  It was a lot of fun.  I enjoyed watching Waverly interact with her peers.  I was also able to get to know Waverly's 1:1 a little better.  She is incredible!  I am so thankful that she is working with Waverly.  She actually told me the cutest story.  A little boy in the 1st grade class that Wavey joins for music, PE, library, etc really seems taken with Waverly.  He came over to greet her and told Erin (the 1:1) that he loved Waverly.  Then he told her that Wavey is beautiful.  He may be my new favorite kid!

We just returned from a wonderful evening.  We went to Chipotle for burritos and then off to a local state park that has a Christmas light display.  We stopped for cocoa along the way.  The kids actually enjoyed the lights and kept looking out the windows - especially at the ones that moved.  It has become a tradition for us.

Comments

Popular Posts