Update on Waverly & Oliver

The past 10 days have flown by.  I have been spending so much of my time trying to get people to vote for Team Sanfilippo in the Pepsi Refresh Project.  We are still holding the #1 slot!  It is so worth it.  THANK YOU to all who are voting and sharing the links with your friends.  We have to continue getting more people to vote each day, in order to hold onto our lead.

The kids are both doing well.  Tomorrow we are having Oliver's birthday party at school.  The goodie bags are filled and the cake has been ordered.  We went with a "Cars" theme this year, since he has really been into that movie.  Hopefully I will have some party photos to share with you all tomorrow.

Waverly has been a little chatterbox lately.  She isn't saying any words, but babbling away as if she has a lot on her mind.  I know this phase isn't going to last long, so I am enjoying it while is lasts.  I love hearing her voice.

Wavey's swallowing issues are continuing to worsen.  The past few days she is having even more difficulty swallowing liquids.  She is holding her milk in her mouth for about 10 seconds before swallowing.  I have a call into our speech therapist, who specializes in swallowing issues.  I hope she will have some additional tips for us.  We are already thickening her liquids to a nectar like consistency.  We meet with her GI doctor next week.  One of the items on our discussion list is a feeding tube.  I am so not ready for that.

Comments

Popular Posts