Road Trip

Happy Independence Day!

This past week is a bit of a blur. We went to Ohio to visit Matt's family and enjoyed seeing everyone. It was great to have all of Matt's siblings and their families together for a day. We spent time at the park, a 4th of July festival and we had a wonderful picnic with some of Matt's old high school friends. It was a nice visit, although we were all ready to get out of the car today after the 11 hour drive home. (I forgot my camera, hence no photos.)

Matt begins a new job tomorrow. He is still with the State Department, just in a different office. It is going to be an adjustment for the entire family. His schedule will be quite random - working days, evenings and through the night with no real order. It is a great assignment though and he is really going to love the work he will be doing.

Both Waverly & Oliver begin summer school of Tuesday. Wavey is going to have a difficult time adapting to a new school and teacher. But she will love being back in a regular routine. The summer program sounds like a lot of fun - they even have water time with sprinklers and water tables. I spoke with her teacher on Friday and she sounds lovely. I will meet her tomorrow afternoon at an open house she is hosting for the parents. She also confirmed that Waverly will have a 1:1 assistant throughout the summer session.

I can't believe Oliver is going to attend school!! I am still not sure he is entirely ready, but I know he is going to learn to love it. He so rarely is able to interact with other kids his age and I hope his social skills will begin to blossom. This is his time to do all of the things a typical child does and I have to give him that opportunity. I think we both are going to shed some tears come Tuesday morning.

Comments

Popular Posts