Reflections

Over the past few days, I have taken some time to reflect on our trip. It was such a special week. In the midst of vacation my emotions remained in the background. And then the final day, as I left the Magic Kingdom with Waverly, I felt the sadness creep in. As we walked back to the hotel to catch a bus to the airport, I cried. Unlike most families who lament the loss of youth in their children, I long to stop time to keep the devastation of Sanfilippo at bay. I know that if/when we return to Disney World, Waverly & Oliver will most likely be much more effected by the disease. I cried because I can't freeze time and and stop the impact Sanfilippo has on the kids.

There were a few moments during our trip that will remain in my heart forever. The excitement of rounding the curve to Camp Minnie-Mickey and seeing all of the characters waiting there to welcome Waverly & Oliver was something I will never forget. The cast of "Nemo" singing "Happy Birthday" to Waverly, inducing smiles and giggles from her, will be a favorite birthday memory.  And watching the women at the Boutique so sweetly put Waverly's hair up with the tiara was especially sweet. It was a taste of watching my daughter get ready for her prom or wedding day. She sat so beautifully, looking at her princess book and listening to princess songs. And when she was done, I could tell she felt beautiful. She would grab the sides of her dress and hold them up, smiling as I told her just how pretty she was.

I am so grateful to Mack Trucks and Disney for arranging the most incredible trip for our family. It was by far our favorite vacation with the kids. 


Comments

Popular Posts