Goodbye 2008

I thought that I would be happier to say goodbye to 2008.  This was such a life altering year for us.  We began this year so thankful for the experience of living in London.  Matt really enjoyed his job and we made a home for ourselves there.  Then in January we got the scary test result for Waverly, made plans to bring her back to the US for tests, and then the horrible news that both Waverly & Oliver had MPS III.  We had the decide on the stem cell transplant.  And then make plans to move back to the US.  New state, apartment, job, school, doctors, therapists, etc.  2008 was not kind to us....

But it was a year full of incredible memories.  I cherish my time with the kids unlike ever before.  I appreciate the small things.  I am a very blessed mom to have had a full year with my 2 amazing children.

I am heading into 2009 with a lot of apprehension.  I have no idea what the year holds for us, but I know that we are going to take each day as it comes and thank God for another day.  Another day with the most incredible kids.  Another day to be a mommy.  Another day to hope for a miracle.

I hope you all have a wonderful New Year's Eve where ever you are.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I pray for courage & comfort for you, so that you may not feel such apprehension coming intp this new year...

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7 KJV

Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9-10 NIV
Whitney said…
Happy New Year! I hope you continue to build amazing memories for all of 2009.
Happy New Year to you and your family as well! I am praying that the new year brings you many happy memories that will comfort you when things aren't so great. Your children are beautiful and I know they will continue to surprise you as they journey into the new year. You and your husband have a strength that is just amazing. God bless you all :)

Popular Posts