Weekend Update

I surprised Matt with a trip to WI to see a very dear friend and his family.  I thought Matt deserved a weekend away and needed to take some time for himself.  I packed up the kids and drove to PA to spend the weekend with my family.  On Saturday night we took the kids to a minor league baseball game.  The park was really nice and we had fantastic seats in the handicap section, so Wavey could sit in her stroller.  The weather was not kind thought - it felt more like March rather than May.  The wind was blowing full force in our faces, so we didn't last very long.  Oliver *loved* the entire experience!!  The crowd - food - clapping - music - game - it was all good.



Wavey hasn't been giggling as much the past few weeks.  She has switched to weeping.  She is crying throughout the day, on and off.  There doesn't seem to be a reason for it, almost like her little brain is misfiring in a way - confusing her emotions.  It is heartbreaking to hear her cry, see the tears fall from her eyes, and that huge frown spread across her face.  She is not a crier, so this is all very unusual.  We are hoping this phase does not last long.  How I wish the giggles would return.

Comments

Christine said…
Happy Mother's Day! Hope you had a special day!
Laura said…
I'm so sorry that Waverly has been crying often. It is such a horrible, helpless feeling for us moms. Sometimes I have thought that Julie had a realization of what is happening to her - she would have a certain look on her face and sound so despondent. Come back, giggles!
Cari said…
Oh, I hate to see our kids cry. I hope it turns around soon!
Anonymous said…
You are an amazingly generous person. I think it is YOU who needs an occasional break! I've been following your blog for a year or so now and am always inspired by your strength and courage. Please do take a break, yourself. You deserve it.

Popular Posts