Frustration

Today has been a disappointing day.  I was hoping that the initial meeting with Waverly's teacher regarding the IEP would have gone better.  It seems that we have a long road ahead of us, in terms of advocating for Wavey.  My concern today was mostly for her safety.  She requires CONSTANT attention and the teacher said that Waverly has run away from the class when they are on the playground, wandered away and ended up in another classroom, and puts everything she can find in her mouth (including small chokeables).  The teacher or her assistant has to be with Wavey at all times.  Based on this information, I am going to begin the fight to get an aide assigned to Waverly.  I will meet with the school officials on Tuesday to do the official IEP review.  I plan to go armed with information on Sanfilippo.  I think they just do not understand the scope of this horrible disease.

Comments

Mike and Sarah said…
Praying that Tuesday goes well and that you are heard!
Amy B said…
Trusting the Lord has someone lined up already to be a guardian to your precious little one!
kristi_temple said…
We are praying that she gets everything that she needs.
Mystic Thistle said…
Oh I am so sorry you are having to deal with the stress of educating the schools about Waverly's disease. As if you don't already have enough to carry!

But I am praying, praying that solutions will come and like amy above said, that someone is already lined up. I'll mark Tuesday as a day for extra prayer about this.
Kecia said…
Here,my whole family is in prayer for you!!!
Don't worry friend God is in your side!!
We love you in Christ!!!
Deb said…
Shannon--
I am a Taylor grad with a master's degree and 10 years of experience in special education. I've been following your blog ever since you were featured in some Taylor alumni prayer wall or something like that. Anyhow, what I wanted to say is if you ever want to email me with questions about special education law or just want to vent to someone who understands, I'd be happy to offer my support in any way possible.

Deb Miller TU'96
Praying for you from Columbus, Ohio

Popular Posts