Moment

Last night I had a "moment".  These are the times when everything overwhelms me and the only thing I can do is weep.  Matt met a friend after work, so it was just the kids and I for the evening.  After dinner and bath we were playing in the living room.  Of course Oliver is moving from toy to toy, finding anything that makes noise.  Wavey was rolling around on the floor and snuggling up to me.  All of a sudden, her smile turned into the saddest face - bottom lip out, corners of her mouth turned down, eyes teary.  It lasted about 5 seconds.  She just stared at me, about to burst into tears.  Then it passed.  These are the moments that scare me the most.  I feel like in that instant she was scared from all that is happening to her.  I could see the pain on her face.  I take some solace in the fact that she seems unaware of most of the changes.  But sometimes she wants to say something so much - she pulls in super close to me and stares into my eyes.  Then the moment passes and she wanders away.  I long to know what she is trying to say to me.  These moments are so painful.

Comments

i am so sorry.

you are so strong.

hang in there.

you can find your strength in the shadow of His wing.

praying for you!!!
kristi_temple said…
When we are weak, He is strong. We are surrounding you with prayer.
Amy B said…
I'd love to give you a big hug right now...
Mystic Thistle said…
I read somewhere special needs parenting described as "parenting, magnified." I think this is a good description.

My heart goes out to you and Waverly today.
Unknown said…
Oh, Shannon, I'm so sorry... I wish I could give you a hug! We continue to pray for you guys and your sweet children.
Christine said…
That is so hard and scary. I am so sorry, Shannon. Praying for lots of smiling moments today.
DAN BUCK said…
You amaze me. I don't think I would have the strength to write about these painful things you face. You are the strongest woman I know. I am broken hearted for what you and Matt have to endure. I wish I could fix all of this for your family. We send out love, our prayers, and our thoughts. There is not one day that goes by that I do not think of you all. Courtney
Katie said…
That is so, so sad. It hurts when your kids hurt. Someone in Illinois is praying for you and your beautiful children.
Laura said…
I know that our Lord collects these tears and cries them himself. I wish it didn't have to be this way, Shannon. Your courage to write about it amazes and humbles me.
Lizze said…
I'm so sorry you all are going through this. I can't imagine what it must be like. You truly are a wonderful mother and I know in my heart that Waverly knows this. I'm praying for you all and sending positive thoughts. *hugs*

Popular Posts