IEP

I had Waverly's IEP meeting this morning. It went well.  I felt understood and that felt wonderful.  They listened as I gave a brief synopsis of Sanfilippo and I provided them with additional research & literature to read.  I really believe that with some understanding of the disease, they will be able to be much more effective and considerate with Waverly.

I didn't get the one-on-one aide that I was hoping to get.  However, there is now a floating aid assigned to her during playground time.  They are also going to work with some assisted communication devices to help her in class.  I am hopeful that with an FM system, Wavey may be even more successful in class.

I am also working on getting some private therapy services in place for Waverly.  I think I have it set up, I am just waiting on insurance to respond with coverage details.

Everyday something new comes up.  I am working with a case manager to see what waivers we are eligible for.  This is going to be a long and difficult process, but I am ready to tackle it.

Comments

Mike and Sarah said…
You are such an awesome advocate for beautiful Waverly! Good job, Shannon!!
Christine said…
Your strength is always so encouraging! I know there must be so many sad moments, but you don't let them rule you. What a testimony to others.

Glad it went well. I hope they do reconsider the one-on-one aide, as time passes.
Kecia said…
My church is praying for you guys!!
Do not lose hope!!God is aways with you!!
jillbuckeye said…
I know it's a battle in a larger war, but it's a battle won. I'm glad it went well.

Popular Posts