Travels

Today was another good day.  I cannot stress enough how well things work with a schedule in place.  Waverly really enjoys her routine.  I am now taking her on the bus to buckle her in, because she was having issues with that part.  Now she just smiles and waves goodbye as I step off the bus.  She comes home excited (and sometimes asleep).  I am so pleased with her preschool.

Oliver had his first session of therapy today.  She comes to the house and specializes with toddlers who have a hearing impairment.  Oliver loved the attention and having a new friend.  Plus, she brought toys with her.  Our goal is to try to get Oliver to begin copying sounds and repeating.  We will continue to support his language development with signing.  He is so social and happy.

I am so pleased with the way things are coming together for the kids.

I have talked about how much I London.  Today, I am really missing the foreign service life.  There have been so many things to mourn so far on this journey.  Today I am mourning the loss of our plans - we hoped to live overseas and move all over the world with Matt's job.  It is difficult to give up that dream.

Comments

val said…
hi guys,
hope you don't mind that i follow along with your story. we went through a similar mourning & loss of a dream, though not for the same reason, so i don't intend to equate the two. we moved to australia for what we thought may be long-term, only to be unexpectedly & indefinitely home again after 14 months. i can relate to that grieving process... maybe you'll have a chance to do it again someday.

your kids are adorable, by the way. :)
spence said…
Hi Shannon and Matt,
Sometimes God's dream is greater than ours. He sometimes needs to take us where His dream can be fulfilled. I know it sounds overly spiritual, but I have found it to be true in my life.

Love, Christy Spence-Anderson
Kecia said…
Dont you worry... I'm sure God has a bigger plan in all of this...
I'll be praying for your family!!
GOD IS WITH YOU!!!
kristi_temple said…
His thoughts are not our thoughts nor are His ways our ways. His plan is always to prosper us and not to harm us . . . to give us a future and a hope. You never know what God has in store for you. The Word says that if we delight in the Lord then He will give us the desires of our hearts. That doesn't mean that He'll give us whatever we want. It means that He will put those dreams and desires in our hearts. His plan is greater than we could ever imagine. Just Trust.

Popular Posts