Waves

I am so excited that the weekend is almost here.  We are heading to the beach to relax and celebrate our 10 year anniversary.  Oliver is going to love playing in the sand.  His buckets and shovels are some of his favorite toys.  Waverly is going to like walking in the waves.  I am hoping for sunny skies...or at least no rain.

This has been a good week.  We are settling in nicely to our schedule.  Waverly really seems to enjoy school (although she doesn't like having to stay on her mat for yoga - yes they do yoga in preschool).  Oliver is enjoying having some one-on-one play with me and he is beginning to make more sounds that sound like words.  I am hoping that our face to face play with signing is helping to build his vocab.

We met with a social worker yesterday.  There are some waivers that we may be eligible that can help with services and insurance/medical bills.  I have started the process on the 2 we can apply for.  The best one has a 5 year waiting list!!!  It is insane.  It is nice to have someone who knows the system assist me in navigating it.  There are so many helpful programs out there, but no way a regular person could find them.  I love having her help.

I am expecting an old friend from high school to arrive soon.  She will be our first VA house guest.  I am excited to see her and have her meet the kids.

Comments

Kecia said…
That's a realy cool preschool!! Yoga! WOW...
I'm sure that everything will be fine! God is by your side!! Sociaç workers are very helpful and understanding people,i know this becouse my sister is a social worker!!;)
God bless you aways!!
bome62 said…
Shannon & Matt,i'm hoping & praying that you four will have a wonderful weekend on the beach & a great 10th anniversary celebration.You so deserve it.I was so happy to read that you'll are settling in your new surroundings.
May God Bless!
Praying in Missouri
Bonnie
Mike and Sarah said…
Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend. I love that Wavey loves waves. It seems like it could be a great scrapbook page. I'm so glad you've had a good week.
Teresa aka Joy said…
Do you know about the Katie Beckett program? If not e-mail me your phone number and I can tell you about it. It is medical insurance, 100% coverage. Stephenie has it, and I also know of a few others you might be interested in.
taslay@gmail.com
Jenkins said…
Hi guys from some TU grads, Carrie (Johnson) Jenkins '99 married to Jeremy Jenkins '98. We saw your family on one of the Alumni emails. We live in NoVa probably not to far from you. And we spend lots of time at Children’s Hospital in DC.
I stopped by your blog today and read the title. We love the "Welcome to Holland". We have three boys and the youngest is severely disabled, no real label and too many things to list. “Welcome to Holland” was one of the first things I found that we could pass on to people to help them understand.
We just started meeting with social workers about applying for medical assistance as well. These kiddos can be costly! Anyway, I wanted to say hi.
Praying for your family!

Popular Posts