Big Boy

Oliver had his 2 year check-up today.  He has been terrified of doctors ever since he was strapped down at the ENT's office to remove ear wax.  He cried the moment we got in the office, but our wonderful pediatrician was able to calm him down and get the exam done.  He is one BIG little boy - totally off the growth charts.  He is such a happy little guy, who is beginning to assert himself as only a 2 year-old can.

I have had the wonderful opportunity of communicating with some other moms who have children with Sanfilippo.  Last night I was checking out their websites and I just fall in love with these kids.  I only wish I lived closer to some of the families.  What a treat to visit with these other moms and allow the kids to play with one another.  There is a conference for MPS families in FL this December.  We have been tossing around the idea of going.  After watching some videos of the kids and looking through their photos, I have to go.

Comments

Jen said…
You do have to go. The coincidence of it being in Florida, near Disney, is too much to ignore.
Anonymous said…
I know what you mean. I lost a child 4 years ago and recieved so much comfort from other mommies who had walked the same road. I was a part of an online community called MISS and made life long friends. I am sure that going to the conference would be wonderful!

cscosby@bellsouth.net

Popular Posts