Good News

I realized just how strange I am when I opened our mailbox to find the new 2009 handbook from our insurance company.  I was so excited to read about the new changes and benefits added to our plan this year.  (Sad, I know.)  To my incredible delight our insurance company is now covering all audiological care and will pay for hearing aids every 5 years.  This is totally brand new and something I have written to them about since Oliver was first diagnosed with a hearing loss almost 2 years ago.  This made my day!!  Finally, they have realized that neglecting to cover hearing loss claims is so detrimental to the development of those children.  Go Coventry!!

We are also excited because our university alumni magazine is going to do a story on Waverly & Oliver and "A Hundred for a Home".  What a wonderful way to get additional publicity for MPS and hopefully generate interest so we can find a treatment option & a cure.  I will be sure to post a link when the article is published.  I think it will be a few months away.

It has been a good week.  I just have felt more positive than I have felt in a long time.  The kids are both doing well.  I am pleased with schooling, therapy and our doctors.  My attitude at home is more about enjoying the kids and that makes me a better mom.  Don't get me wrong.  I still cry every day and I am filled with sadness...but I am also realizing how incredibly blessed to have Wavey & Oli in my life.  I truly am honored to have been given such amazing kids.

Comments

Christine said…
You are an inspiration! So glad both kids are doing well right now. I've been catching up on your posts. Lovely - all of them.
Unknown said…
Awesome, Shannon. What great news about your health coverage and HURRAY for Taylor for the story in the alumni magazine. I can't wait to see it! :) What blessings... Still praying and thinking about you guys all the time.
Anonymous said…
I hope that 2009 is a good year for you and your family. I read your blog all the time and think you are amazing. You make me want to be a better Mom.

Popular Posts