Thoughts

It is quiet in my little apartment.  Waverly is at school and Oliver is taking a nap on this very chilly, rainy afternoon.  I have been thinking a lot about this next year.  I am not one to make New Year's resolutions, but I do want to make some changes this year.  For starters, I really want to take advantage of this year with Oliver.  Right around Waverly's 3rd birthday, Matt & I began to notice the differences between Wavey and the other kids her age.  Everything changed so quickly after that point.  With only 1 year until Oliver turns 3, I want to take advantage of his skills.  He has such a beautiful attention span.  He loves to focus on a toy, mimic my actions, and engage with me.  I need to slow down and enjoy that time with him.  I need to get messy - bring out the finger paints, playdoh and markers.

I also had another thought that was so comforting to me.  A dear old friend wrote me after one of my last posts titled "one sided".  She said that to my kids, my voice is one of the most beautiful and comforting sounds.   I loved that.  I used to dream about singing for crowds and now I am quite content with my audience of 2.  They love music and are calmed by a familiar song.

Comments

Popular Posts