Not Alone

There is a forum for parents of kids with MPS.  I have found it so helpful.  There is so my experience among all the moms and it is so nice to communicate with people who understand.  I am sad tonight.  A friend of mine, whose daughter has Sanfilippo and is a few years older than Waverly, is going through a period of decline.  She is still medically healthy, but losing skills.  It is just so sad to have to watch this happen to your child.  And then another family has a daughter Waverly's age who was just diagnosed with Sanfilippo the day after Christmas.  I feel so much for this family.  I remember that week after the news of Wavey's diagnosis.  It is still so fresh.  I hate that another family has to experience the horribleness of this disease.

I just wish that I could do more.  I want to try to save families from the helplessness that comes with the MPS III diagnosis.  There is no cure or treatment, but I am hoping and praying for one.

Comments

erin heiser said…
I am hoping and praying for one too. I hate that there are other families experiencing this kind of heartache, but I am glad to hear that you are not feeling so alone.
Anonymous said…
Shannon, sometimes just being there and saying, 'I know how you feel, I've been there too' does the other person a world of good - more than you can imagine. That's not to say that we shouldn't be hoping and praying for a cure, but don't put yourself down and think you're doing nothing because you can't heal those who have MPS III. Lending a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on are both great things.

Popular Posts