Meet the McNeil Family

Meet the McNeil Family

Monday, March 16, 2009

Anticipation

We had quite an uneventful weekend.  It was chilly and rainy.  We chose to stay in most of the weekend, except for a trip to Ikea.  It is always a good place to go on a rainy day - I love to look at everything and Matt loves their hotdogs.  (They are only 50 cents!)  Sunday night I was able to meet up with 2 new and very dear friends.  Carrie and I went to college together.  Laura is a friend of Carrie's from church.  They both have beautiful little boys with significant health issues and special needs.  It is such a gift to be able to talk face to face with other moms facing the many doctor appointments, therapy sessions, medicines, etc.  It is a wonderful time to feel understood and not alone.  I am so thankful for their friendship.

Friday is the 1 year anniversary of Waverly's diagnosis.  I have been consumed with the date quickly approaching since last month.  I've been looking at my planner from last year and remembering the 6 weeks we were back in the US for all of the doctor appointments, like a strange memory countdown.  I know it is simply a date, but our lives changed drastically that day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friday also marks another year that Waverly is older! Cherish her forever...she loves you.

Cari said...

It is a significant milestone. It is a day to mourn and a day to give thanks. I think it is the mixed feelings that make it so difficult for me. Even after 4 years, the anniversary of diagnosis makes me very sad even though I am glad I have had another year with my sweet daughter. I will be sending you positive thoughts.