Goodbye January

I cannot wait for January to end.  This has been such a difficult month.  Waverly has been sick for almost the entire time.  We thought she was *finally* over the stomach bug, but then last night she woke up in the middle of the night vomiting.  She actually looked green this morning.  Wavey has a very high pain tolerance, most Sanfilippo kids do, but I can tell she feels awful.  I just hate that she can't tell me what hurts.  I took her back to the pediatrician this afternoon.  Her previous lab tests all came back normal, but they ran a bunch of blood panels hoping to find the cause.

To add to my worry, 2 nights ago she woke up in the middle of the night choking.  She makes so much saliva and she was on her back, so it pooled and she choked on it.  Thankfully, she started coughing and I was able to sit her up to clear her throat.

I know in the scheme of things, these are not major issues, but they are still scary.  One of my jobs as a mom is to keep her happy and safe.  I feel like I am failing her somehow.  I hope her blood work comes back quickly and provides us the answers we so desperately need.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Shannon,

I've been following you everyday on here for over a year and I haven't commented, but just felt lead to this morning.

From what I've read and seen and heard on your blog, you are not failing anyone most especially Waverly. God is givng you everything you need each day. He entrusted Waverly and Oliver to you because He knew you would fight for them and that you would love them no matter what and do ALL that you could for them. He is perfect and so was his choice for their parents.

Just know that their are people praying for you walking this road with you. That our hearts break with you and that we care. If nothing else please remember to give yourself large measures of grace each day, you have been given an almost impossible assignment from God and I'd say you are getting straight A's.

Love to you from a stranger who cares.
Lisa Zielinski
johnandlisaz@comcast.net

Popular Posts