Thankful

I keep updating this blog for many reasons.  It allows me to easily keep family and friends up to date.  It provides me with a wonderful account of our year, pictures and all.  (Matt is actually working on getting the the first year bound in book form.)  I love having a record of our activities and my feelings.  The blog is therapeutic.  I appreciate the comments and support from all of you.  I also hope I am able to raise awareness - not just for Sanfilippo, but for special needs in general.  My other desire is to be honest.  I do not want to convey an "I'm thankful all the time, God doesn't give me what I can't handle, positive attitude".  While aspects of those sentiments are accurate, there is so much more going on in my heart and mind to be summed up so simply.

Many of you who have been following our story realize that it can be quite difficult to explain the simultaneous joy and sorrow.  I can celebrate Waverly & Oliver, while still struggling to come to terms with their future.

In the midst of all that is going on in the world, especially with the intense suffering in Haiti right now, I have been reminded that I am blessed with a roof over my head, food to eat, wonderful schools and doctors, and an incredible family.  Even though my time with Waverly & Oliver is much too short, I am truly thankful for each moment I have with them.

Comments

Charity said…
Beautifully stated.
Miss you!
Jenkins said…
I love that you blog! I love to catch up with your gang!
Always appreciating your honesty with things you are dealing with on a regular basis.
karen said…
I don't think I've ever commented on your blog before, but I read regularly. I love seeing your kids grow and hearing about what's going on with them and you and Matt. I'm glad that I have the chance to get to know Waverly and Oliver a little bit, from afar, through your blog.

I think you do a fantastic job of conveying the mixed up feelings, the happiness and struggle, of living with your kids' disease. I'm so sorry that you have a reason to have to live with those coexisting feelings.

I hope that Waverly gets better soon, so she can go back to school--it sounds like such a great, caring place!
Anonymous said…
You don't know me, but I have been reading your blog for at least a year. I appreciate it a lot. You have taught me about Sanfilippo and unconditional love. You are stronger than I can imagine and I pray for your family.

Popular Posts