Sick Days

It has been a very long weekend.  Both kids have been sick with the stomach bug.  We thought Waverly was on the mend, but she was sick again Saturday night.  Matt and I sat in the bathroom with both kids and 2 buckets.  Somehow they managed to throw up at almost the exact same time from 1am- 5am.  Fortunately, Matt took a sick day yesterday, so we could tag team them.  They both seem to be feeling better, but we are taking it very slow this morning.  I do not want to rush them and have it start all over again.  So no school today.  It is a stay-in-your-pjs-and-watch-movies kind of day.

I was able to take Oliver to his ENT appointment on Friday.  Everything looked great, except Oliver ears were filled with wax.  Kids who wear hearing aids tend to have a lot of wax build-up.  It can impede their hearing and sometimes cause their eardrum to stop moving entirely.  Poor Oliver knew as soon as he saw the table that he wasn't going to like it.  They burrito-ed him up and he screamed.  I tried my best to comfort him and thankfully he calmed down as soon as he was unwrapped.  Waverly wasn't able to go to the appointment, because she was sick.  The wait time to see the ENT is months.  Thankfully, he told me to just bring Wavey in to see him first thing next Friday morning.  He is very familiar with MPS and knows how important it is for her to be seen.  We know her right eardrum isn't moving due to wax (per the audiologist) and she is starting to snore/have more labored breathing at night.  I have a feeling she will need her adenoids removed.  I guess we will find out for sure in a few days.

My biggest disappointment from the latest round of illness is that Waverly had to miss a birthday party last night.  She has twin girls in her class and they turned 10 yesterday.  They had a swim party at a local rec club and we were so excited that Waverly was invited.  I felt terrible having to cancel.  Wavey would have loved the pool and water playground.  It would have been such a wonderful opportunity for me to meet her classmates and their parents.  Most of the kids will be in the same class together for the next few years, so I would like to form relationships with the moms.  I am hoping another opportunity presents itself soon.

Comments

so sorry for the sickness. throw up is the worst. : (
Jenkins said…
I hope everyone is feeling much better.

Popular Posts