Holiday Party

This afternoon I went to Waverly's school for her holiday party.  It was rescheduled due to the huge snow storm before Christmas.  I was really looking forward to meeting the other students in her class and getting to know the other moms.  It was a lot of fun!  The kids were all so sweet.  I wasn't sure how capable or communicative they would be.  I am so used to Waverly & Oliver, that I sometimes have a difficult time adapting to the needs of other children.  Some of them could hold conversations, which was a real treat for me.  Others needed a lot more assistance.  I helped them choose a color of icing and what sprinkles & sugars they wanted to use for decoration.  Waverly definitely is one of the spunkier kids in the group.  She has such a difficult time focusing on a task and sitting still is not easy.  She did a great job and the teachers/assistants who work with her are wonderful.  It was confirmation that she is in an excellent environment with people who love her.

She had her ENT appointment this morning and was a real trooper.  They had to wrap her up like a burrito to remove the wax in her ear - not a tear was shed.  She liked being wrapped up tight, although she did not enjoy us holding her head still.  Her tonsils and adenoids are incredibly large.  The doctor wanted to do a sleep study, but there is no way she will keep those electrodes on her head and chest.  So, he wants me to look for a few issues as she sleeps and then get in touch with him in about a week with my thoughts.  He also wants us to see another ENT who specializes in sensorineural hearing loss.  Wavey's hearing is getting worse and there may be other hearing aids/devices to assist her.

Comments

Popular Posts