BBQ Fundraiser

Oliver fenced in and happy about it.

The kids playing together.

Waverly eating an Oreo - yum!


Today Matt's co-workers and our friends had a fundraiser BBQ in honor of Waverly & Oliver. So many people were there enjoying wonderful food and hanging out together. It was an incredible afternoon for us. I felt so loved and supported. It was a very humbling experience for us and we were amazed by the generosity of our embassy family.
I am not sure how to effectively thank everyone who helped organize the BBQ and who gave so generously to us. Gini & Andres, you both put in so much time and effort to make a special day for our family. I will forever be grateful to you both. You have inspired me. Bill, I know that you were also instrumental in putting everything together. Thank you for organizing the event. To everyone else who helped organize the event, thank you. And to everyone who came to show your support and who gave to our family, thank you for caring so much about Waverly & Oliver.

Comments

Jen said…
Yay!

The kids look great, and I'm glad you had a successful event. It's so hard to take help (especially monetary help) from people but it is really such an awesome blessing to be able to give to someone you care about. I'm sure everyone there got even more out of it than you did.

I am praying for miracles in your family.
Shannon~ I am so glad you found me on facebook. Dede told me that you had a blog but i never got the site from her. I found it on your facebook profile and have spent the night catching up on the past months of your life. My mom has given me updates, but it is so different to read it through your lens. Your children are BEAUTIFUL. I am just weeping over your heartache.

I am not sure how to pray in a situation like this - maybe it is more simply seeking the presence of God. We were driving home from Chicago a few weeks ago and decided to take a slight detour so we could take the kids to Ivanhoes for dinner and walk around TU. We were able to see the new prayer chapel/memorial that was built. There was such a sense of peace and hope despite the tragedy that was represented in that place. I am not sure how you find hope each day in your situation. I do know that your love for your family and telling your story has clearly had a tremendous impact on so many. Thank you for sharing it so candidly.

Praying for you.

Amy Landt Kregel

Popular Posts