Counting Down

We are only about 2 weeks away from our big move back to the US. I can't believe the movers are coming in 1 week. I have not even really begun to prepare...although I am a purger by nature, so I don't have a lot of clutter around the house. It is going to be difficult to decide what toys to ship, since most of our items won't arrive for about 8 weeks. Toy selection is of utmost importance for our 2 months living in a temporary apartment.
We are all doing well. The kids and I can't seem to shake a cold that has been passed around the 3 of us for a few weeks now. We have spent much of this beautiful week indoors. Although I am determined to get out and enjoy the sunshine tomorrow. It is rarely warm enough for fountain and wading pool play, so we must take advantage of the opportunity.
I have noticed another change in Waverly. She seems to be having more difficulty speaking and her speech is more strained. She is trying to say something, but the clarity is fading. She really seems to be struggling to get the word out. I have get the video camera out!! I need to tape her more!!
As I have said in my last few posts, this week has just been more difficult than usual for us. The move back home will be an emotional one.

Comments

Mike and Sarah said…
I am continually praying for you guys.
Deanna said…
Praying for you guys....
Deanna Greene
Mystic Thistle said…
I'll say a prayer today for you and yours.
Brittany said…
Shannon - my heart aches for you and your children. When I read your post tonight, I thought of this hymn that I absolutely love. It's the last verse of Children of the Heavenly Father and it goes like this: Though He giveth or He taketh, God His children ne'er forsaketh; His the loving purpose solely to preserve them pure and holy.
I can just picture how God sees Waverly, as in some of the beatiful shots you have posted previously. I can't image the terror or the grief that you will experience as she changes, but I pray that you will have the strength and patience to see her as God sees her, still so pure and holy before Him. I can't imagine how hard this must be, and please know that we pray daily for your family. You're strength amazes and humbles me.
I can't imagine what you are going through. My prayers are with you, both for your upcoming move and for "life in general".
Unknown said…
Dear
shannon and matt
I read your blog every day. I can't wait to see you and the children. Our church and fellow Willow

greeners (our development) are also praying Miss you so much
Love you Nana

Popular Posts