Oliver's Turn

Oliver woke up last night with a super high fever and has been sick all day. I am not sure what germ we have, but I am determined to sanitize it away this afternoon. I will be scrubbing down the house while Oliver naps and Waverly gets her daily dose of Dumbo. I hope they are healthy tomorrow. Wavey's school is having an end of the term party and I want to be sure she can attend. Plus, Matt and I were hoping to pick her up together for the end of the party and pictures.
I keep thinking about the call from our neurologist. Even though everything else has confirmed that the kids have Sanfilippo, it struck me that the DNA has proven it. There is no doubt, no lab confusion, no anomaly...Waverly and Oliver have a terrible disease. I have been more shaken than I thought I would be.

Comments

Teresa aka Joy said…
I do hope you have received my e-mail from your Aunt Donna, she is forwarding an introduction from me. I have found that these scriptures comfort me. Hope is sometimes the only comfort there is.

Psalm 42 (Amplified Bible)

Amplified Bible (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation


Psalm 42

BOOK TWO

To the Chief Musician. A skillful song, or a didactic or reflective poem, of the sons of Korah.

1AS THE hart pants and longs for the water brooks, so I pant and long for You, O God.
2My inner self thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and behold the face of God?(A)

3My tears have been my food day and night, while men say to me all day long, Where is your God?

4These things I [earnestly] remember and pour myself out within me: how I went slowly before the throng and led them in procession to the house of God [like a bandmaster before his band, timing the steps to the sound of music and the chant of song], with the voice of shouting and praise, a throng keeping festival.

5Why are you cast down, O my inner self? And why should you moan over me and be disquieted within me? Hope in God and wait expectantly for Him, for I shall yet praise Him, my Help and my God.

6O my God, my life is cast down upon me [and I find the burden more than I can bear]; therefore will I [earnestly] remember You from the land of the Jordan [River] and the [summits of Mount] Hermon, from the little mountain Mizar.

7[Roaring] deep calls to [roaring] deep at the thunder of Your waterspouts; all Your breakers and Your rolling waves have gone over me.

8Yet the Lord will command His loving-kindness in the daytime, and in the night His song shall be with me, a prayer to the God of my life.

9I will say to God my Rock, Why have You forgotten me? Why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?

10As with a sword [crushing] in my bones, my enemies taunt and reproach me, while they say continually to me, Where is your God?

11Why are you cast down, O my inner self? And why should you moan over me and be disquieted within me? Hope in God and wait expectantly for Him, for I shall yet praise Him, Who is the help of my countenance, and my God.

Also, Psalm 31
I am praying for you.

Popular Posts