Freshly Cut Grass

The kids and I were walking back from the bus stop and a man was cutting the grass at our building. The sound of the lawn mower and the smell of the freshly cut grass was such a reminder that it is summer. I am counting down the days until I am back in the US. I have so many appointments for the kids and I need to work on getting Waverly registered for preschool. The smell of grass made me wish that we were moving into a house with a yard. I know that I have said this before, but I wish that we could settle into a home right away and not have to move into an apartment. I just want to "nest" - create safe rooms for the kids, have a fenced in yard so they can play outside, and have a home. For the 10 years of our marriage we have always been temporary where ever we have lived. I am ready for that to be over and to settle down. We did find out that Matt has been officially assigned a position in DC. The State Department has been so good to us. Waverly is showing some difficulty with walking and stairs...nothing major yet, just her feet turning in and causing her some trouble. Oliver is still not walking, but he is showing interest and trying. I can't wait for him to start running around.

Comments

Unknown said…
I am also anxiously awaiting when you, Matt & the kids will be back on this side of the Atlantic Ocean. I am counting down the days with you!
Much love,
Debby

Popular Posts