Sadness

This has been a tough week. I have been down. I have seen changes in Waverly over the past 5 days. I know she is there, but Sanfilippo is trying to take her from me. There are more vacant stares and quieter periods. But when she smiles or laughs, I still can see my Waverly. My little girl. Oliver just woke up with a slight fever. I hate seeing him sick. A little fever puts me in tears because of all I think that he is going to have to endure. I hate Sanfilippo.
I am listening to Over the Rhine. Their music soothes my sad spirit. I love the line in "Latter Days": "And if the music starts before I get there. Dance without me. You dance so gracefully." I always think of Waverly dancing in heaven.

Comments

DAN BUCK said…
Shannon and Matt,

I cry each time I read your blog. I am so heartbroken for all you have to endure. I pray for you all constantly and I truly mean that when I say it. You two are amazing. I would do anything to take this situation away for you... You are in our heart and on our minds constantly. We love you. Courtney Buck and family
Jen said…
My heart breaks for you. I am so, so sorry and I think this is one of the most unfair situations I've ever heard of.

I am praying for you, praying for miracles as well as comfort.
kidsmom said…
Count me as another friend you've never met.

I've been following your story, and my heart just aches as I read along. Oliver looks just like my Patrick did at that age. Big ol' boy hands and a wide faced grin.

I just finished reading the book "God's Problem", yet another try at understanding why bad things happen to good people. The question stays unanswered.

I'll pray for peace for you all, and happiness in life for your children. They are blessed by your love.
I am weeping with you tonight. I cannot imagine the heartbreak you feel, but I am constantly in awe of the strength and dedication you show. I continue to pray for your precious little ones, and for extra strength for you and Matt.
Mike and Sarah said…
My heart is very heavy for you.
Jawn said…
As I read your blog tonight, tears came to my eyes. I'll be praying for your heartbreak. (and Oliver's fever)
Hummel Family said…
I am praying with everyone else! May God comfort your heart tonight!
Lizze said…
I'm also amoung those whom you've never met but I pray for you often. *hugs*
Kristy & Adam said…
We are praying for you everyday. I keep reading your blog and my heart just breaks. Just know that we love you all!
rubberpoultry said…
Praying extra hard tonight for you Shannon.

Jason
I'm another non-commenting reader. I cannot imagine what you are going through, but I'm sure it is devastating. You are in my prayers.
Amy B said…
I am so sorry, Shannon...

Popular Posts